Today’s global and domestic businesses constantly face indirect tax issues arising in the field of value added tax (VAT), registration duties, insurance premium tax, excises and customs duties.
Indirect taxes need to be considered with attention in order to continuously manage risks as well as promptly seize and develop major opportunities.
European VAT in particular has become an unavoidable area of taxation over the years. Local as well as EU legislations, regulations and case-law make VAT a constantly evolving environment which requires specialized tax knowledge together with practical expertise and experience. The recent enlargement of the European Union brings additional problems to this field for international businesses.
Inadequate focus may lead to additional operating costs, such as VAT leakage, negative cash-flow impacts, penalties, compliance failures, which may have a material impact on profitability.
Taking industry and business specifics into consideration, our specialized practice delivers customized solutions and implements tax planning in close co-operation with experts of other areas of taxation and legal advisers.
Our experience in serving local and international clients together with our knowledge of industries allow us to provide world-class indirect tax services to demanding professionals of the following sectors:
- Private equity and venture capital
- Investment fund and asset management
- Banking and insurance
- Holding and financing companies
- Real estate
- Telecommunication sector
- Commercial and industrial groups
- Health care
Our Indirect Tax Services include:
- Specialized assistance, advice and guidance on isolated transactions as well as on major operations, such as complex cross-border restructurings or acquisitions
- Indirect tax reviews and planning
- Follow-up of any planning implemented
- Liaison with Luxembourg and foreign Tax Authorities
- Assistance in the preparation and filing of registration documents
- Preparation and filing of tax returns
- Assistance and support during audits made by the Luxembourg Tax Authorities
- Assistance concerning foreign refunds
- Tailored staff training
- Due diligence