Today’s global and domestic businesses constantly face indirect tax issues arising in the fields of value added tax (VAT), registration duties, insurance premium tax, excise and customs duties.
Indirect taxes need to be intensely scrutinised in order to continuously manage risks as well as promptly seize and develop major opportunities.
European VAT in particular has become an unavoidable area of taxation over the years. Local as well as EU legislations, regulations and case-law make VAT a constantly evolving environment which requires specialised tax knowledge coupled with practical expertise and experience.
Inadequate focus may lead to additional operating costs, such as VAT leakage, negative cash-flow impacts, penalties, compliance failures, which may have a material impact on profitability.
Taking industry and business specifics into consideration, our specialised practice delivers customised solutions and implements tax planning in close co-operation with experts of other areas of taxation and legal advisers.
Our experience in serving local and international clients combined with our knowledge of specific industries allow us to provide world-class Indirect Tax services to demanding professionals of the following sectors:
- Private equity and venture capital
- Investment fund and asset management
- Banking and insurance
- Holding and financing companies
- Real estate
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Commercial and industrial groups
Our Indirect Tax Services include:
- Specialised assistance, advice and guidance on isolated transactions as well as on major operations, such as complex cross-border restructurings or acquisitions
- Indirect tax reviews and planning
- Follow-up of any planning implemented
- Liaison with Luxembourg and foreign Tax Authorities
- Assistance in the preparation and filing of registration documents
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Assistance and support during audits by the Luxembourg Tax Authorities
- Assistance concerning foreign refunds
- Tailored staff training
- Due diligence